Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tainted Love

I have a great idea for a blog post, but I decided to watch The Daily Show instead of working on it. Let me tide you over with this:
I just bought* a box of PopTarts* and a box of 64 Crayola crayons for each kid. It's my personal vision of happiness, circa 1973*. Either I love my children or I hate them and so I'll poison them with fake food and petroleum-based art supplies.

*These kinds of impulse buys do not happen at Whole Foods. This is what happens when I have to go to a real store to buy contact lens solution and Band-Aids.
*Why the hell would anyone buy unfrosted PopTarts? Pointless.
*It's really my personal vision of happiness 1973-present.

2 comments:

Shutt2u said...

Where are the Doritos?

Olivejenny said...

Substitute Sugar Pops (Sugar Puffs? What were they called?) for the Pop Tarts and I'm in 1973. Practicing my jazz hands to Tony Orlando and Dawn, of course. I'm lucky I lived this long. ;)