Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Elegance of the Hedgehog and stuff

I just finished reading The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery. I mean just finished at 6:45pm and now it's 7:05 and I have to head out for my book club in ten minutes. Whew. Just under the wire. I enjoyed this book and it's one of those where, halfway through, I began wishing I had been underlining passages to revisit later. I'll never be able to remember what was so juicy about it if I don't have it marked up. (Now on to The Witches of Eastwick.)

I learned this week that I need to stop putting 2 spaces at the end of sentences. I am still typing 2 spaces and then going back and deleting the extra one. Drag. I haven't been able to retrain myself.

Speaking of retraining, I need to relearn how to cook. I used to know how. I have a hard time making an actual shopping list and planning even a few hours ahead for a meal. I think the 2 space thing might be an easier learning curve.

Time to go.  Whew.  Just under the wire.

1 comment:

Olivejenny said...

I'm still in shock about the 2 space thing. I just typed 2 spaces after that period. Not after that one. I had to relearn how to cook, too, and decided to learn the measure-free Hippie kitchen cooking method, which was a WHOLE lot easier than shopping lists and planning ahead! Leaves me plenty of time to stress over this lost space development.