Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

What was today again?

Mother's Day is a great day every year.  Mostly because Not Don takes his role as my enabler very seriously.  From breakfast in bed to doing chores to cooking dinner, he does it all and he keeps the kids playing along.

I got two goldfish from the girls yesterday, named Peaches and Polka Dot.  It put me in the mood for sushi.  A dead fish is a good fish, as I always say, so we left the kids at home and had dinner at Blue Fish.  We sat on the patio and Not Loni paid - can't get much better than that.

Gifts today included Tom's Shoes (hooray - I've been eyeing them for awhile) and an instructional dance book.  As I practice my sprinkler, mashed potato and running man moves, I'll keep you informed.

I've been reflecting on my relationships and motherhood this whole weekend.  I'm just not in the mood to try to impress you with my deep thoughts and emotional depth at the moment.  Kind of like last night - I had a lot on my mind about the nature of my cyber life v. my real life and I couldn't articulate it. Eventually, I will.  Or not.

No comments: