Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Get By

I watched American Idol for the first time ever this season. Wednesday night was the finale, which I didn't watch until just now.  Joe Cocker performed, as did a million other acts. Joe kicked everybody's ass - Janet Jackson, Alanis Morrisette, what remains of The Bee Gees, Hall & Oats (Hall and Oats suck anyway.  Oates or Oats?  Can't remember, don't care.)  Joe Cocker is a stud.

He always was.

(Somewhere there exists a video tape of me doing an extended Joe Cocker impersonation. I have not viewed it in 20 years. I hope it has been destroyed.)

1 comment:

Olivejenny said...

You doing a Joe Cocker impersonation? Well, now you've given me a reason to live, Not Stacy. ;) Janet was mesmerizing to me, like she was channeling her brother, though I was never a fan of either. The most outstanding impression I had after watching all the golden oldies they dusted off was, boy we sure gain weight as we age. (and I thought it was a great show) :D