Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Beer Belly

I'm a kid in a candy store. By kid, I mean hag with a beer belly and by candy store I mean the beer aisle in Whole Foods.

As I've shifted to drinking more beer and less wine, my taste in beer is getting more expensive. I'll go for a Stella Artois or Guinness or Chimay or Trumer Pils rather than the Great American Beers of old.  Turns out the by-product of beer drinking is a beer belly (are you as shocked as me?) and I need to take action.  I'm in the market for a decent light beer. Alas, Whole Foods disappoints in this category. They do not stock Sapporo Light or Samuel Adams Light, for example, and none of the regional or microbrews seem to be available in light versions.

My friend Chaos, who aided and abetted the development of my beer palate, pointed out that Trumer Pils is only 150 calories a bottle! That's not many calories more than shitty beer! Yippee for me.  Problem solved. Okay, no, the beer belly problem isn't actually solved. Baby steps.

1 comment:

susan said...

That pic has my mouth watering!!! I am reading this at work, so I won't be able to quench my thirst in that capacity for 8 more hours! I have to say that I have never been much of a wine drinker. Beer and liquor for me. (Liquor? I don't even know her) We have a Capital Ale House in Fredericksburg now and they have a pretty big Beer inventory. Cheers!

Oh, and I just ordered a pair of "those barefoot shoes". I am going to see if I can enjoy running more if I am running "barefoot". I may be posting battle wounds on FB.